Christoffer Marcussen (BEKK)Øystein Strand (BEKK)
Half-day workshop - in English
Learn how to build native Android apps from scratch by watching us live-code a simple Spotify app and then do it yourself by developing a Twitter-like app.
You choose whether to focus on creating a beautiful app, or supporting all the operations in the API.
During the workshop you will learn and use topics such as:
- Activities, Events and Intents
- Creating a flexible UI with layouts
- REST API integration with Retrofit
- Take pictures with the camera and upload to Imgur (and our backend)
- Target the newest version of Android, Lollipop, and create a beautiful app with Material Design
- If you have an Android Wear watch, why not read and post messages from your watch?
This workshop provides a solid foundation for everyone who wants to learn Android development.
Participant requirements: Laptops with installed software: - Android Studio - Android SDK - A testing device or any preferred emulator/simulator